Monday, September 26, 2011

Our Journey Continues

Well...we are now in the midst of Jason's third semester of law school. This is the hardest semester so far and he is very busy. On Wednesday's he doesn't even come home....well...until midnight. He goes to school from 9 to 6, then has to work in the library from 8-12am. So, Ryan and I have been bringing him dinner at his school and eating in the lounge. It's pretty fun for us to get out, and Ryan loves running around and bothering entertaining the other law students. :) But, with Jason being Jason, he doesn't complain and is doing very well with keeping up with work, his internship and school. He even made honor roll, and we were able to go to the little ceremony and celebrate his accomplishments. Go hubby! :)

I have been adjusting to life again with just being at home. I adore the fact that I am able to care for Ryan 24/7 and love being home with him. He is such a goofy guy, so fun, and just a good little boy. He is still mama's cuddle bug and is great at giving hugs and kisses...and now he hugs and rubs mama's baby (the belly)...so cute! He is talking/babbling away and every day says new words....today he learned how to sign the word pumpkin after teaching it to him twice. I know I'm biased....but he's so smart! :)

We are adjusting to life in San Diego, although I miss home still almost every day. I am thankful for our church community at Mosaic and the dear friends that I have made there. We are hosting a small group at our home, and that has been so fun...and gets me baking it up! :) I also have started a MOPS group this year, and have only been once so far. It's so hard not to compare to the amazing MOPS at The Bridge, but I am looking forward to meeting new moms and seeing what God has through it.

 One thought that seems to keep running through my mind is that Ryan is just such a good kid. So far (now...we haven't hit the two's yet), he listens so well, we really haven't had to do much discipline yet. He is a great sleeper! He sleeps straight through from 7:30-7:30 and then takes anywhere from a 2-3.5 hour nap at noon. He also loves to eat! And some days I feel like I can't get enough food to him....if this is any indication of what his teenage years will be like...we better start saving for our food budget. But, he cracks me up! He used to always be a size bigger with his clothes, and now we are having a hard time with his clothes. He is a size 12 month waist, but size 18 month length...it's driving me crazy! He either has high waters or his pants are falling down. Hopefully when we fully switch to cloth diapers, they will help keep his pants up.

Here are some highlights of what we've been up to:

Some more zoo! Ryan loves the monkeys and the petting zoo! :)





Nice goat! 
He has found a new fascination with Layla's backside....not so sure about this one, but it is funny as he chases her to try to get a look: 


We have been spending a lot of time with our dear friend Carolyn (mom) and Shyla. Shyla is the only other kid Ryan's age at church, and so naturally, his mom and I have become good friends. We love to go the zoo, walk around Balboa or go to the library and have lunch at Ikea. I am so thankful for her. And her sweet little Shyla is awesome! She has the cutest personality and loves to dance. I love that Ryan has a little friend. Here they are enjoying a walk together in the wagon, and also going for a drive to a play group! 



Ryan also had his first popsicle....I was having one as a snack, and of course he wants to try whatever mom has....he did pretty good...and he was so cute eating it! 






I just love this next set of pictures: Ryan was 'hiding' by the coffee table, and I love his expressions: totally shows his personality: 



and I'm off again! 

And then there are the everyday adventures of grocery shopping. Ryan loves going to Vons where he can ride in the car cart. He literally squeals with delight as we're shopping: one of the best inventions! 




Thankful to God for meeting all our needs! Until next time! :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment