Wednesday, November 7, 2012

8 months with our sweet girl!

Happy 8 month birthday to our Ally girl! I know I say this every month, but I can't believe it! It makes me sad that my baby is growing up, but yet every day is so fun to watch her develop and grow. She is becoming very LOUD lately...she loves to scream in excitement over toys, Ryan, Layla, her foot, anything. :) It's a challenge in our smaller home to keep her quiet while Ryan is going to sleep. I have found that she does well either outside or she really likes a kitty book that we have...she just giggles through it, it's pretty adorable!

She continues to be a very smiley, giggly, baby. She loves to watch Ryan and is has been trying pretty hard to crawl. I can see a challenge coming with keeping her from taking all of Ryan's toys. She really wants to just play with whatever he plays with. Ryan does really well with her. He is learning how to share or to distract her with another toy when she has what he wants.

She is doing better with eating. She still is not too big of a fan of pureed food, but tolerates it when I put  it on her lips and she licks it. She LOVES bread...I know that she's a big young, but whenever we have bread, she cries for it. She loves her hold her food...so we are trying a little bit more and more of people food that she can hold. I give her chunks of apple, banana, zuchini, carrots, and bread. I have a feeling in a month or so she will love more and more people food as she gets better with chewing and holding the food. But, she is nursed ever 2-3 hours still during the day, so she is getting plenty of nutrition.

We were blessed to have Grandma and Grandpa Ekk here for a little under two weeks. It was great to have them here, and for them to get to know little Ally a little more. Here are some of my favorite pictures from this month:

my kids have the BEST grandparents...they are lucky! 

she LOVES the camera...it's so easy to get her cute little smile

pumpkin patch fun! 

This picture was taken at the Fresno fair...fun family night! 

first 'real' bath together :) 

I had fun dressing them up this year. :) 

her hair is getting longer too...and still dark...I love it! 

my little monkey...Ryan wore the same costume for his first Halloween...she rocked it well. :) 

And now for the 8 month pictures:



This is my favorite! 


I also love this one :) My little cutie girl! 



She was done taking pictures...so the brother/sister poses didn't last too long...I love Ryan's face here...so concerned. :) 

my sweet boy :) 
8 month stats: 
weight: 

Length: 

eating: right now she has a vegetable for lunch with puffs or a mums snack and a fruit for dinner with another type of finger food. She is eating bread and had a little noodles tonight for the first time. She is not a fan of the pureed foods, but I feel that she isn't ready for full finger foods yet. This next month might bring on more eating. She still nurses every 2-3 hours during the day. 

sleep: typical schedule, although not every day, is wake up around 6ish, first nap at 7:30ish for about an hour. Then down again at 11:00 for 1.5-2 hours, then up for 2 hours, and a last catnap around 3 for anywhere from half an hour to an hour. She would love to go to sleep at 6, but we try to keep her up until 6:30 or 7. She is waking very often at night, rarely goes 3 hour stretches, usually 2. But, she is getting better at going back to sleep on her own, and the other night slept for 4.5 hours straight. :) 

Her fussy time is dinner time: but if she has bread, she is happy. :) 

She still loves to be held and will fall asleep in the ergo when we are out for walks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment