Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012...The Highlights

2012 was a great year. I am thankful for the gifts that it brought and the changes we experienced. When I think of 2012, I think of 3 main events that happened:

1. The birth of our beautiful daughter; Allyson Grace Ekk on March 6, 2012. She has brought so much joy and love to our lives. I am reminded of how good our God is through our little girl. What a perfect gift she is and how blessed I am to be her mommy.



2. We moved back to the Central Valley. In August we said 'goodbye' to our beautiful home in San Diego and the dear friends that were there. It was a good 2 years that we were there and I am so thankful for the friends that were made and the experiences that we had there. We moved in with my brother in law in Dinuba temporarily until Jason gets a job so we can continue to save the little money we have and that I can continue to stay at home with the kids-such a blessing as well! We are so thankful for the opportunity to live here, but are also looking forward to being back in Fresno if that's what the Lord wills. :) 

last photo shoot at SeaPort Village....one of our favorite spots! 

So many friends came to help us pack up and move and/or  entertain and hold our kids. :) 
3. Jason GRADUATED from law school!! What an accomplishment! He graduated in 2.5 years (it usually takes a full 3). I am so proud of him and all the hard work that he did. He did such an awesome job juggling 2 jobs, family and school. I still don't know how he did it, but I am so glad that he was able to fulfill his dream of completing law school. Now, he can have 4 letters after his name; Jason Ekk MA JD. and I will add s-t-u-d!








As this year draws to a close, I am so thankful for all that it brought, but am so excited about 2013!! This will be a significant year for the Ekk family. Our prayers are that Jason will pass the BAR in February, that he will find the job that he is supposed to have, and one of my biggest prayers is that God will provide a home for our family this year. So much to look forward to and lots of uncertainties that are keeping us on our knees. I am so thankful that "God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Looking forward with hope to all that 2013 holds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment