Saturday, November 28, 2009

The start of blogging

Ok, so after reading a blog, I decided that I wanted to start a blog too...we'll see how good it is, but I am excited to be able to record the life adventures that God has for me (for us...my awesome husband and baby Ekk on the way). This morning I woke up around 7 am, which is pretty early, and I usually try to make myself sleep in until about 8, but I knew that if I went onto babycenter.com, it would say that today I am officially 28 weeks pregnant....and that means I am officially in my third trimester! Woot woot! (so I had to get up!) I have to say...this pregnancy has been such an amazing blessing. For those who know me, know that babies are somewhat of an obsession of mine and to have my own has been an intense dream and desire for a very long time. I really feel that when God created me, one of the main gifts that He gave me was the nurturing gift. So, with that to say, when I found out I was pregnant, it was a dream come true....it very much didn't feel real at the time, but as my little gift began to grow inside me and I can feel his (yes, its a boy!) little kicks, it is becoming more and more of a reality that we are given the opportunity to love and care for one of God's children, one that is ours! It's still a crazy thought for me....but so incredibly exciting at the same time! It has been a blessing to not have to work this year too....which I think has allowed me to fully enjoy this pregnancy. At times I do get a bit stir crazy, and my home has been kept very clean ;), but I honestly think that God gave me an enormous gift of being able to be at home and enjoy the quiet and to learn how to slow down and quiet my soul...something that was VERY hard for me to do...but I think will only help me when the baby does come. God has shown me so much over these past couple months and I think that I will always look back at this time as a very sweet and precious time of my life.

Another reason why I decided to start to blog is the chance that we may be moving away from our friends and family in less than a year as Jason is pursuing his dream of attending law school. I have to admit, there are times when the thought of leaving terrifies me. Fresno is my home, and my family here (which that includes my close friends) are treasures to me. I love living life in community, and the idea of growing old with these people is appealing to me. BUT...there are days, especially when I see the excitement and passion in Jason's eyes, that I get very excited and anticipatory of what the Lord has for us. As of right now, we have NO idea of where we can be. We can be in DC, which would be cool to live in the east coast and have so much to see and do (and I LOVE the cold), or Indiana (which I am kind of rooting for-it's the least expensive to live there, and its cold there too!) or Southern Ca-where we may be close to our dear friends Derrick and Laurel, and not too far from Fresno. Sooo...who knows. What I do know in my heart is that Christ didn't call us to live a comfortable life, and I am VERY comfortable in Fresno, and Jesus has given Jason desires and passions and gifts, and having a law degree will only open up so many doors to use those. I honestly do not know how we are going to do financially, but I know that the Lord provides and we are pursuing learning how to be good stewards of what God gives us now in anticipation for the future. We serve an Amazing God who has always taken care of us, and we have never had to go without. So, I know that if He leads us to law school, he will provide opportunities for us to survive. As I was reading my bible the other day, this verse popped out at me; "I will praise you O Lord my God, with all of my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave." Psalm 86:12-13. His love is great, and I certainly have been delivered from the depths of the grave...and am continually thankful.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on entering your 3rd tri! so exciting. february is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete