Monday, February 1, 2010

37 weeks


Wow! It seems like it has taken forever to get to "full-term!" I remember when I was 11 weeks in Guatemala (August) and I felt pregnant (which was silly), and that seems SO long ago!! And now that I am 37 weeks and 2 days (to be exact), it seems like time is going by ridiculously slow. I have felt so blessed to fully enjoy my pregnancy and loved most of it (minus the first few weeks and now the back pain), but it has all been worth it. But now with the due date less than 20 days away, I am so anxious to meet our little Ryan and to hold him in my arms. I went to the doctor today and he says that he doesn't think that the baby is going to come this week because my cervix is in the anterior position, but if I do a lot of walking, it should help...so what's the plan for this week...walk, walk, and walk some more! My pup is going to really enjoy the extra walks this week, and hopefully it will progress a little bit by next week. Even though I was a bit disappointed that I will have to wait a little longer, I do have a peace about God's timing, and He knows exactly when our little man is supposed to enter the world. I am praying for patience and also just motivation to enjoy these last couple weeks or so. God is good, and I am looking forward to the journey of what is to come.

5 comments:

  1. Walk, walk, walk! BUT, just remember that it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to come. Keep praying and keep your head up, mama. Even if he decides to be stubborn, it'll be less than 1 month and he'll be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful and will make a WONDERFUL mommy! Keep up the walking, you and Layla will both benefit!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walk, but don't forget to take advantage of this time and NAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming from first-hand experience, God's timing is impeccable! :) And like Meagan said, get as much rest and sleep as you possibly can, because you want to have as much reserved energy as possible during labor, especially if it's a long one. When I hit my due date and started contractions I was super stoked, until they stopped and I had to wait (only a day and a bit, luckily), but that extra rest I got made all the difference! Enjoy the long stretches of sleep during the night while you can! Praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't your water break within hours of posting this?? Funny! Enjoy him!
    Katie Valorosi - not sure if that will show up or not since I don't have a blog!

    ReplyDelete