Friday, June 17, 2011

Let the Fun Begin!

It's summer time! Oh, I have been looking forward to this for months! Not just because it's summer, but because I am not working a job that leaves me very little free time. I now have time to focus on my family, and what God has for us in this next chapter. The key word for me for this summer is "intentional." I want to be intentional with my time and what I do. Some of that is just 'being' with Jesus, my husband and my little man. Some of it is actually getting out of the house and taking advantage of living in such a cool place: literally and figuratively. :) I am excited about what the summer has in store. For now...here's to catch up with a few fun times with Ryan as our summer begins.

First: We have been practicing eating with utensils and spoons. He does pretty well, but this one day as he was having some yogurt, he decided the spoon wasn't cutting it. So, he decided to ditch the spoon, and here's what happened:






He sure enjoyed his yogurt...and I had a few good laughs as well! :) 

Also, we were a little sick for a few days, so we had more inside time than usual. Well, I was running out of ideas, and so I had this tent packed away that I had bought from IKEA a few months ago. I wasn't sure how he would like it, but it was a blast. He brought his stuffed animals in and kept going in and out, and loved it. :) Was a great indoor activity! 




Lastly, today was the first day of my summer vacation. I woke up so excited. I had been sick for a few days, so once I had some energy, I wanted to go have some fun. One of the Living Social coupons was for a kids play place. I purchased a 5 visit pass. We went today and it was AWESOME!! They had a great tot area and even the huge play structure was fun for Ryan because I was able to go with him. It was a blast being around other kids and just playing. Here are some pics. I am so excited to go back! :) 









Here's to summer, here's to being intentional and enjoying the life that God has given us. Hopefully we'll make some new friends too! :) 

1 comment: