Friday, July 1, 2011

17 months!

This month marked the end of a very busy/stressful time. I finished teaching in the middle of June and Jason finally got back from China as well. He had a great time, missed us of course :), but got to see The Great Wall and experience another culture. This month also has been transitioning from a work from mom/stay at home mom to just a stay at home mom. I have to say: it is the BEST job! I was just thinking today how thankful I am that I am able to live out my dreams of just being with my boy and caring for my family. Who knows what the future holds, but for now, I am going to treasure the time that I have.

This month has been fun watching Ryan grow. We have noticed this month how much he is beginning to communicate and how much he understands. He learned to say 'no' this month, which has been kind of funny. He now lets us know that 'no,' he doesn't want to get out of the bath tub or what he wants to eat. I like to give him choices, and it is fun to see what types of activities/foods he chooses. He still LOVES to be outside. He is a bit obsessed with brooms, rakes, hoes...pretty much any yard equipment. He will bring me the broom or the rake and want me to get to work. Geez! It has been pretty cute watching him drag the broom around. He wants so badly to carry the rake, but momma's not that nice yet...I don't want him getting hurt. :) He does have his own little rakes, so that will have to do for now. Here's our little guy with his favorite toys:
broom in one hand...little shovel in the other :) 


Ryan is definitely becoming a little person. I realize more and more that he is his own individual and I love seeing the person who God is forming in him. He is definitely in the momma's boy stage. He is a cuddler, but mostly with me. One day he didn't want to nap (first time ever)...so after trying for over an hour to get him to sleep, I just brought him out to the living room and he laid with me and we watched Elmo together. It was pretty sweet. He is at the point where he likes Elmo, but he doesn't get to watch it too often, so this was definitely a treat. :) 

Here are some more picture highlights of the month: 

My sweet friends, Emily and Ellie came and visited me for a weekend this month. They are both girls that were in my small group, and dear friends to me. It was so fun to have them and catch up again. I wish I had a picture with Ellie too...but she was the photographer. :) 


My Aunt Patrice and cousin Andrew also came and stayed with me for a week and helped me with Ryan while I was teaching. One of the days, I took off of work and we all went to the Zoo. It was so fun to watch Andrew (11 years old) take in the animals and truly enjoy God's creation. He is such a sweet boy and makes me excited to have a boy as well! It was so fun to have them! 



Both the boys thoroughly enjoying their chipotle
And then just some of my favorite pictures from the month:

Ryan loves Mr. Big Bear...and drags him around...cutest thing! 


momma lovin after bath :) 

Ryan has done this since before he could crawl...pulls out all of the dvds, and just studies them. 

Finally got him to put on the sunglasses...didn't keep them on very long though :) 


We also went to Fresno this past weekend for a friend's wedding. I wasn't good with taking pictures, but here are a few from some of the people we were able to hang out with:

It was great to hang out with these momma's, and the babies. (Rylan-on the right, is Ryan's cousin)

 
Uncle Darrin

Lastly....I joined a meet-up group here in San Diego. Since MOPS doesn't start until the Fall, I wanted to still try to meet some moms down here, and so I joined a meet-up of moms with kiddos around Ryan's age. We went to an aquarium in La Jolla, and it was really neat. Ryan LOVED the fishes and we had a great day out meeting some new friends.


Whoa! This was super cool...a huge window into the ocean


what's in there, mom?? 


Well, that's all for now...until next time! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment