Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Allyson Grace: 3 months

3 months! Really??!! It makes me a little sad....I LOVE babies, and 3 months of my baby's life is already done. Anyone who has known me for a while knows that I have always been obsessed with babies...I love to hold them, look at them, I even studied children development in college because I have such a love for babies and kids. Now that Ally is 3 months...she is officially not a newborn. It makes me a little sad. It means that she is going to start becoming more aware, giggling more, sitting, cutting teeth (really not looking forward to that), and growing up. When I say a 'little sad', that's because I am also REALLY excited to see her grow and develop into her little personality. I am already so in love with my easy-going, smiley, happy girl, and I know that the love will just continue to grow. I am excited about that! But, the cuddles are so fun right now, and just having a little, squishy, beautiful baby girl has been so much fun. And three months has gone by so fast...it reminds me to cherish the moments and not to rush to the next day. Each day is such a gift.

Anyways...it is so much fun getting to know our little Ally girl. I didn't think I would be lucky enough to have 2 good babies...but I do. :) Ally is so easy-going and she loves to smile! She hardly ever cries, but she does have her moments when she is really hungry or over-tired. Most days she is so content and is starting to coo and 'talk' so much. She LOVES to hear a voice and see faces. It is so much fun to watch her light up when you talk to her. She has the most beautiful eyes and I love when we get to just watch each other as she nurses.

It is amazing how much babies grow in the beginning. I feel like she is changing almost every day. This month she officially has refused the pacifier. I tried for a while to get her to like it, but she just doesn't. Instead...she LOVES her thumb. She is definitely a thumb-sucker. It is so cute to watch. It's great also because I don't have to find her thumb for her, I know when she's ready for sleep because in goes that thumb. It's amazing how God has created us. I didn't 'teach' her how suck her thumb, it was just what she did. Here are some pictures of her putting herself to sleep. It literally takes like 2 minutes most of the time...she just finds her thumb, and moments later, she's out.

sucking away

and out! 
Also, this month has been fun with watching Ryan interact more and more with Ally. He always makes sure that we have her with us and likes to tell us where she should go. For example, if I'm holding her, Ryan will go to her swing and say "Ale-ya" (his way of saying Ally) saying that we should put her there. Whenever we are putting Ally to sleep, he has learned that we need to be quiet. He says; "shhh." He also LOVES to watch her get her diaper changed, especially if its poopy. He kind of gags as I'm changing her and says, "yuck." But, he doesn't ever want to miss a change. :) He also tries to entertain her and likes to help her play. He always wants to lay under her activity mat with her or show her toys. Yesterday, we put her in the exersaucer for first time. I didn't think she would be big enough, but she is so strong, she did great. Ryan liked showing her how to play with it. :)


Here he is showing her a light toy that he loves. 


I told Ryan to show Ally the lights, but he put it in her mouth instead :) 
And now for the 3 month pictures: She was a little sleepy, since it was almost time for a nap, but we got a few smile pictures. This time I didn't ask Ryan to take pictures with her, he actually wanted to. I think he's getting used to his baby sister. :) I am excited to see how they will play and develop a relationship in the next few months. :)









3 month stats: 
weight: 14 lbs 
height: 25 inches
eating: usually every 2ish hours, sometimes 2.5 or 3
sleeping: she has been taking naps about 45 mins to an hour and about 6 naps a day, and will take a long nap when during Ryan's nap when I hold her :) She wakes to eat anywhere from 1 to 3 times a night. She is now falling asleep usually by 9 and is up between 7 and 8. 

She also loves to Moby wrap. I used it a lot with Ryan too...it's great for when we are out running errands...I put her in and within minutes, she falls asleep...she is my little cuddle bug! 

With Ally, I love that I know what I am comfortable with and not comfortable with in regards to parenting. I also know from having one baby already that babies change so quick and just to be flexible and know that the hard times pass and to enjoy them where they are. Here is a pic to end this month's update of my little sleeping beauty. 




No comments:

Post a Comment