Monday, May 24, 2010

Love watching Ryan grow

There have been many times recently where I stop and just look at Ryan and think how crazy it is how much he has grown already, and how much he has developed. Just this week, I had an 'aha' type-moment. It was Saturday night and I was cleaning the house. Ryan was wide awake, and I put him in his activity gym. So, I have this thing that when he is awake, I really just want to be with him interacting instead of doing my 'to-do' list, I usually save that for the nap times. Well, I really needed to clean, and this was one of the only times that I had. So, as I was cleaning, I was also watching Ryan, and he was grabbing the toys hanging from his activity gym and totally interacting with them....soooo cool! He usually just kind of looks and wiggles, but doesn't interact. I felt good about letting him explore on his own and see how he is developing. And, he is lifting his head up more and more during tummy time, and just getting so strong. I am loving these little mile-stones, and it makes me so excited to see him crawl, walk, run, talk, and just grow into a little boy. This parent-thing is pretty amazing, and I feel blessed to be given this gift. Here are some pics of him sitting in his bumbo playing with the gym, and also a new thing is that he LOVES to hug his burp cloths and try to stick them in his mouth. :)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to watch you being a mommy! Ryan is precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete