Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A little update...

Whew...I feel like life has been busy. The first few months with Ryan were absolutely precious, and all I did was love on my little guy, make dinner for my big guy, and just enjoy being a mom. Now, my time being at home is still very precious to me, and I love the gift of being able to be at home, but things have been a bit more busy. When we got back from Portugal, it became very real to me that we are going to have to move soon. This is the first big move that I have ever made, and didn't know where to start. I spent most of the 'nap time' (when Ryan is sleeping) researching, calling, looking and looking for places to live. I was a stressful time especially since I am so unfamiliar with San Diego and didn't know really how to look...but thanks to my amazing friend Casie who came over one day and gave me some awesome tips using Craigslist and google maps! So, to make a long story short, we were down in SD this last weekend, and went to about 7 different places. The whole weekend I kept praying for a peace and leading to where we were supposed to be. It was crazy, because we only had the two days to find a place. I was feeling pretty defeated before we went to look at the last place. And as we were driving up, it was the first neighborhood where I was like, "Yes, I can live here...this feels like home." We loved the house....it was really more than what we could've thought or imagined, and the fact that it was in our price range was incredible. There were about 5 others who were also looking at the house, but it was our credit that put us above the rest, and we sent in the deposit today! Praise the Lord for His guidance, peace and providence!  Now...it's time to pack....it's still very emotional for me to think of leaving my home and my community, but God is taking us on a journey right now....

And now on to the little guy:

So, enough about that....here's a update on little Ryan! Or should I say big Ryan...this guy who started out at 6 lbs 7 oz is a whopping 17lbs 3 oz at 5 months! The boy is a good eater! :) We are really enjoying watching Ryan grow and develop his precious little personality. He is such a happy little guy and loves to laugh (especially at Dad). We celebrated the 4th of July with friends and watching the fireworks at Buchanan....he did soooo well...didn't cry at all. The fireworks woke him up, but he was mesmerized by them. We sat as a family and enjoyed the show, it was awesome. :)

We have also been trying to beat the heat  by going swimming. I LOVE the fact that Ryan likes the water...we have a floaty and he just enjoys it. And he looks so cute in his little board shorts!

So...please be praying for us in the next couple weeks as we are in a huge transition. We love it here in Fresno, but are following what God is calling us too...but its scary. Thanks to all of you who have already been such an encouragement...it means a lot! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment