Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter: update on the Ekk's :)

Happy Easter! What a joyous day to celebrate....Jesus conquered death, did the impossible and showed His power as the only Living God. What Glory! I have been thinking about what an amazing Lord we serve...one who died for our sins and made a way to have a personal relationship with us...something that we are not worthy of. Yet, God loves us that much. He is the God of the impossible, who defies all odds, and is capable of so much more than we can ever imagine.

I feel that throughout my life, God has always provided in incredible ways for me. Looking back at my life, it is amazing at the people God placed in my life and the experiences that He gave me to shape me and mold me into the woman that he is designing me to be. It usually works out that what happens is not what I have planned....but somehow I am so thankful that His plan is WAY better than mine.

This year when we moved to San Diego, we had no idea what to expect. We knew that we were supposed to be here, and that Jason was to pursue his law degree to open doors for what he wants to do (mediation, conflict-resolution stuff). Ryan was 7 months old when we left, and all I knew is that I didn't want to work outside the home, and I didn't want him in day-care. I was looking for anything to help make some money, as there wasn't much since Jason wasn't working and our savings was only going so far.....so I was tutoring for a while. Well, then the online teaching job literally fell in my lap. It was pretty crazy how fast and easy it happened, I knew that it was a gift. Not only did it pay more than I had ever made teaching, but it gave us benefits and I could stay home with Ryan! So great!

This job has been great....but it has also been very hard. When I started, Ryan wasn't mobile...he still nursed a lot, and slept most of my teaching time. It was pretty easy....then Ryan started getting bigger and schedules changed, food changed, etc. One blessing came that I was able to combine two of my classes so I had less teaching hours, which was great. Also, Jason has been able to be home to care for Ryan when he isn't in classes. So, it has worked....it has been a struggle as Ryan is definitely a 'momma's boy,' and it's super hard for a momma to be home, but not be available. So, we prayed.....

I was thinking that this is just how this season of life was going to be, and that this is what I was supposed to do. Which was ok, but I didn't have a peace about it. Then....Jason has been looking for internships. He found a small firm here in San Diego who are wanting to start a mediation side to their firm....which is where Jason fits in. They are hiring him (yes...with pay!) starting this summer to get their mediation firm going. The only catch is that he will no longer be available to help watch Ryan.

So....with prayer and counsel, we have decided that I am not going to work next year and let Jason pursue this internship that has potential to get us through law school and possible job offers. What a gift. I could've never imagined a month ago that I would not have to work next year. God knows the desire of our hearts, and what an amazing gift for Jason to gain experience in the exact field that he wants to go into. We're excited about what God has for us in this next season!

We serve an amazing God...capable of the unimaginable!

2 comments:

  1. so amazing how God works things out! we have been praying for you guys that the right thing would come along and here it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to her you guys are doing well! Thanks for the update!

    Peace,
    j & h

    ReplyDelete