Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy 14 months, my sweet, silly boy!

Today Ryan is officially 14 months! It's still crazy to me that he is getting so big. He is such a sweet, funny, crazy boy! Today was such a fun day with him. He slept in till 8 (so momma got to sleep in), we read books, he played, I cleaned and made breakfast, and then at 10, he was a bit fussy. So, I took him to his room and sat with him in the rocking chair for a little bit. He just laid on my chest and listened as I sang to him; "Amazing Grace." Now, I am not a singer, but I love singing to my little man. It was such a sweet time, he is such a cuddle-bug. It is those moments that I am reminded what a gift life is and how I love to treasure the little moments. What a blessing children are.

Some things about him right now: He is so silly! We are laughing at him and the silly things he does. He tries to mimic us and he plays with the most random things. One piece of advice that I would give to soon to be parents is....don't buy baby toys! :) It's so funny because Ryan rarely plays with his 'toys.' He loves spoons, spatulas, tupperware, and recently I put some dry macaroni in some tupperware for him, and he thought that was awesome! :) Here he is eating his lunch with his favorite spoon:


He loves to take out the utensils from the dishwasher, and 'help' momma put them back in. He does love his books still, and now loves to play the game of getting a book, bringing it to us, starting to read and then 2 minutes later, he goes and gets another book to bring to us. He giggles at the kitten noises, and will point to balls and clocks in the books. :) He also will point to his ear, belly button, mommy's nose and eye, and sticks out his tongue when you say; "Where's your tongue." He also LOVES to be outside. He is now asking to go 'bye-bye' by waving at the door, and will cry to go outside. So, we have been taking lots of walks, going to the park, and playing in our backyard as much as possible.

This week we went to the beach for a little bit. This was the first time he actually 'played' in the sand. He LOVED it! He was all squeals with the birds flying around, and loved digging in the sand. It made me super excited for this summer, and getting out to the beach more often!




cool :) 




This week it was pretty warm here. So, I filled up a storage tub with water and put some of his beach toys out in it. The first day I got him all ready in a swim diaper, hat, and swim shoes. But, he didn't want anything to do with the water that day. :) But, yesterday, while he was still in his pj's went outside with Jason and had a blast splashing and pouring water on the ground. He loved it! What an easy way to have fun!
trying to get him to play

tried it out...I love the little diaper sticking out :) 

not a fan today..

But then, the next day: 


Being silly!

Hi Mom!

Showing Layla the water

This is so fun....and I am SOAKED!

Splash, splash, splash!

This is so fun

 
soaked and loving it!








Celebrate life!

No comments:

Post a Comment