Monday, May 7, 2012

Allyson Grace- 2 months

On May 6, 2012...Ally has been with us for 2 whole months! It's crazy to think of how little of time that actually is and how much our lives have been changed for ever within those few months. I honestly cannot imagine life without our sweet little girl. Our days are very busy and my hands are full, but in the best possible way. I have always dreamed of having kids, and with having 2, I feel doubly (not sure if that's a word) blessed. :) Ally is over all a very good baby. But I think part of that is that I am so so much more relaxed this time. She doesn't nap for very long in the day, but if I hold her, which I tend to do while Ryan is napping...she has napped for up to 3 hours. She has such a fun personality. She is so smiley, which you will see in the pictures. She is super easy to get to smile too, which is so fun. Her little eyes light up when she smiles and it just melts my heart. She has fallen into a more predictable sleeping and eating pattern this month, which has made things a little more easier. She also does really well at night...she usually only wakes up twice between 9 pm and 7 am to feed...which is wonderful! She has such an easy going temperament.

Also, this month, Ryan has really started to take an interest and interact with Ally. Just today, we went to go see if Ally was awake together, and when she was, Ryan brought her his lego tower that he had just built to show her. :) He loves to watch me change her diaper, and says; "yuck," every time, and also LOVES to help give her a bath. He is understanding that mommy needs to feed Ally quite often throughout the day and he generally will just play around us or try to make me laugh by being silly. He likes to burp Ally after she's done eating. He is such a good little guy...he's so gentle with her, and its fun to see how he reacts to her. Just the other day, Ally was crying and I could tell he was concerned, but didn't know what to do. So, he came over to me as I was holding her and gave me a hug and was patting my back. It was super sweet! I love seeing the compassion and tenderness that he has.

I feel so incredibly blessed to have two beautiful, healthy little kiddos. I also am so thankful for my super helpful, patient and understanding husband. Jason has been great with helping me while I am trying to figure out life with 2. He has been holding Ally in the late evening (around 9-12 or 1) so I can get some sleep without having to worry about waking up to Ally. It's amazing how just a couple of hours of sleep helps me get through the rest of the night when I am up every few hours.

Here are the pictures from Ally's 2 month photo shoot. As you will see, she is super smiley! She gets so excited when we talk to her, she's just so fun to be around!




she was getting really excited!

can't wait to hear her laugh!




I know I'm biased...but they are so stinkin cute!!


"What are you doing, Ally?"


I love this...and pray that they will be close and support and love one another always.

2 month stats:
-12 lbs 4 oz (86%) and 24 inches (96%) -big, healthy girl!! :)
-eats every 2 to 2.5 hours during the day and every 3-5 hours at night. 
-is beginning to like the paci when she's tired, but prefers to suck her thumb. :)
-goes down for the night between 9 and 10pm, wakes up for the day between 7 and 8 am. 
-will usually nap an hour to hour and a half after she has eaten. 
-naps range from 10 minutes to 1.5 hours
-starting to watch her big brother...I have a feeling he will be constant entertainment for her

I am so excited about what the next month will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment