Thursday, February 23, 2012

37 weeks!




I just read my post that I wrote when I was 37 weeks with Ryan. It's http://alichaekk.blogspot.com/2010/02/37-weeks.html if you're interested. :) It's so crazy to think about that time...I couldn't wait to begin the journey of motherhood. I have definitely been so blessed to be the mommy of my sweet little boy and the day he was born was definitely the happiest day of my life (getting married is a close runner up though).

 Now, today I am officially 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant with our little baby girl. I am feeling the same as I did with Ryan in that I feel like I have been pregnant forever and am so ready to meet this little girl. The hardest part right now is that I have been having quite a few contractions that come and go, and it is keeping me on my toes thinking that it could happen soon. Even though I know, it could quite possibly still be weeks until she makes her appearance. It is also hard because my water broke with Ryan at 37 weeks and 2 days....so even though I technically still have some time...it makes me feel like I am at my due date.

I have been so thankful that I have had such an easy pregnancy. Sure, I was sick at the beginning and Ryan and I had a couple of Elmo marathon days, but that time only lasted for the first trimester. With Ryan, I had a ton of back pain and sciatic nerve issues, but since this little girl is so much higher than Ryan was, I haven't had any of it, Praise Jesus! I don't know how that would have worked with how much lifting and carrying I have to do with Ryan. I have felt really great through the whole pregnancy, and the only complication was that I had a low-lying placenta, which grew upwards in no time, so it was fine. I also haven't gained as much weight this time (probably due to running after a toddler), but that has been encouraging.

As I sit here, I am so excited about holding a brand new gift from God and can't wait to see her precious face. We don't have a whole lot planned and are definitely playing the waiting game, which makes time seem to go by slow. Each day I pray that I won't be anxious, but enjoy the day that I have when it's still just the three of us. I know that God is creating our baby and developing her to be wonderful and perfect right inside my womb...such a miracle. I know that her birth story will be different from Ryan's, and I am excited to see when God's perfect timing is...just praying its sooner rather than later! ;) We'll see how God works everything out. :) I know His plan is way better than my plan!

love my one on one time with my first born! 

No comments:

Post a Comment