Monday, February 20, 2012

Blue is the color of the day!

So, this past weekend, the Ekk family invested in a new camera! Thanks to selling our car and Costco rebates! I have wanted this camera for 2 years...before Ryan was born. So, I am pretty stoked about it and even more stoked about learning how to use it and not having to take the kiddos to a studio or paying someone else to take some great pics. I know its going to take a while to learn, but I am so excited about the learning process. :)

Anyways, I decided to photograph our color activity today. I decided to focus on teaching Ryan his colors and have some fun with it. This is just the teacher in me. On the afternoons that I am home with him, I like to have some activities planned...that's the planner in me. It doesn't always work, but today was pretty fun and I like to see what comes out of the activities with my creative little guy.

Our blue 'sensory' table


When he woke up from his nap, he had some blueberry yogurt in a blue bowl with a blue spoon. :)


Then we went to his little table where I had a bunch of things that were blue....the first thing that caught his attention was the blue cup. 




Then he picked up the 'boo' legos and decided that we needed more...so that led to a game of building with legos. 


And then after playing legos and also doing some shape sorting, we colored for a little bit. He is totally into the dot markers right now. When he uses them, he says; "dot, dot, dot." It's really cute. Here's our art for the day: 



And that was our blue day. I was super excited when later on, Ryan pointed out the "boo ball." I love watching him learn and grow! 






No comments:

Post a Comment