Sunday, February 5, 2012

Girls Weekend 2012

This post is a little late...but things have been pretty busy around here with getting ready for Ryan's 2nd party, and little Allyson Grace to come in a few weeks. :) And basically...I have also been tired! :) This last trimester has definitely left me with not as much energy. I get the nesting bug every once in a while and try to just go crazy with organizing, cleaning and of course playing with my little guy. Anyways, a few weeks ago I was able to go on our annual girls trip with my besties from college. We have been doing some sort of trip every year together since we've graduated college. This year, we all met in Pasadena (it was great...since I am in SD, they are all up north...a middle meeting place), and stayed one night in a hotel. Since we have some new, nursing mommies, we decided to keep it to one night this year. It was SO SO fun though! It was my first full night away from Ryan (I didn't go last year since I was still nursing). And, it was good. I missed him, but am learning that it is OK to take time for myself as well (hard lesson for me). 

Anyways, here are some snapshots from our weekend: Stephanie took some maternity shots of me, and she did an awesome job. I was 32 weeks at this point. :) 





And then we all decided to take some group shots. We had a lot of fun and had some pretty goofy pics, but this one is my favorite: these girls are awesome! 



The night that we arrived, our special treat was to go to Melting Pot for dinner. We are all on budgets of course, and so this was our only meal out! :) We had each brought food for the other meals that we had. Also, we did happy hour at Melting Pot, which was plenty without spending a ton of money...loved it! 
The non-prego/nursing girls enjoyed a little cocktail while Casie and I enjoyed our water! ha! :) 




We spent Sunday morning sleeping in...until 9! :) I honestly cannot remember the last time I didn't have to wake up to get someone breakfast, or slept in that late...it was pretty great! We took our time getting ready/having breakfast in the hotel, and then went and spent some time in a coffee house. I think one of the best parts of our girls weekend was the fact that we weren't really on a time schedule or rushed because of kids' schedules. We just were able to enjoy being with each other...it was a blessing! 

We ended up having a picnic lunch in Pasadena's City Hall..which was beautiful. Here's the five of us again. :) Such a great weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment